Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fishing Gear


For learning the basics, fishing gear is usually not too expensive.  You can start with a basic rod and reel.

This was the first fish I ever caught. I was about 8 when I caught it. All I used to catch it was a simple child's rod and reel and a basic lure.

Once I started fishing for salmon it required me to buy a bigger trolling rod, flashers, hoochies, spoons and other types of salmon fishing gear.  A basic trolling rod is 6-9 feet long and has a large reel with about 500-900 feet of 40-60 lb. test line on it.  

Other considerations when fishing are items to make your time on the water more comfortable  - a cooler, sunscreen, hat, warm clothing, food and water.

The fishing gear you purchase when you are first learning may need to be upgraded as you develop your fishing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment